Research interests: dieting and weight loss behaviours, mental health, eating pathologies, social media, health information seeking behaviours
- Price M, Ferro MA, Raffoul A, Meyer SB, Hanning R, Hammond D, Kirkpatrick SI. Evidence for a holistic approach to conceptualizing weight loss behaviours: Going beyond the healthy versus unhealthy dichotomy. Canadian Nutrition Society Annual Meeting, 2019.
- Price M, Ferro MA, Raffoul A, Hammond D, Kirkpatrick SI. Youth and young adults attempting to lose weight use a combination of strategies, with potential implications for health. Canadian Obesity Network Student Meeting, 2018.
- Price M, Boluk K, Neiterman E, Kirkpatrick SI. #URWhatUTwEat: The potential for social media to enhance higher education. Canadian Public Health Association Conference, 2018.
- Price M, Boluk K, Neiterman E, Kirkpatrick SI. Can assignments using social media outside the classroom enhance student learning and instructor engagement? University of Waterloo Teaching and Learning Conference, 2018.
- Price M, Johnston L, Godin K, Willmott L, Manlangit L. Bringing Meatless Mondays to the University of Waterloo.. Meal Exchange's National Student Food Summit, 2017.
- Price M, Wasylkiw L. Mindful living: The effect of mindfulness interventions on women’s body image. Psychology Research Day, 2016.
- 2016: Canadian Obesity Network Student and New Professionals Perfect Pitch case competition winner (Price M, Goyal J and Brandow D), University of Waterloo
- 2016: Marion H. Cummings Scholarship, Mount Allison University
- 2012: Entrance Scholarship, Mount Allison University
Select professional activities and networks:
- Vice-President of Communications for the School of Public Health and Health Systems Graduate Student Association, University of Waterloo (2016-2017)
- Vice-President of Psychology Society, Mount Allison University (2015-2016)
- Campus Ecological Representative, Mount Allison University (2014-2016)
- Web Design and Marketing Intern for Trellisys Technologies Inc. (2015-2016)
- Vice-President and member of Habitat for Humanity, Mount Allison University Chapter (2012-2016)