Research interests: dieting and weight loss behaviours, mental health, eating pathologies, social media, health information seeking behaviours
MScOT Student, University of Toronto
MSc, Public Health and Health Systems, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, University of Waterloo (2016-2018) (read Miriam's thesis)
BSc, Honours Psychology with minor in French, Faculty of Science, Mount Allison University (2012-2016)
DEC, International Business, Department of Social Science, Dawson College (2010-2012)
- Price M, Ferro MA, Raffoul A, Meyer SB, Hanning R, Hammond D, Kirkpatrick SI. Evidence for a holistic approach to conceptualizing weight loss behaviours: Going beyond the healthy versus unhealthy dichotomy. Canadian Nutrition Society Annual Meeting, 2019.
- Price M, Ferro MA, Raffoul A, Hammond D, Kirkpatrick SI. Youth and young adults attempting to lose weight use a combination of strategies, with potential implications for health. Canadian Obesity Network Student Meeting, 2018.
- Price M, Boluk K, Neiterman E, Kirkpatrick SI. #URWhatUTwEat: The potential for social media to enhance higher education. Canadian Public Health Association Conference, 2018.
- Price M, Boluk K, Neiterman E, Kirkpatrick SI. Can assignments using social media outside the classroom enhance student learning and instructor engagement? University of Waterloo Teaching and Learning Conference, 2018.
- Price M, Johnston L, Godin K, Willmott L, Manlangit L. Bringing Meatless Mondays to the University of Waterloo.. Meal Exchange's National Student Food Summit, 2017.
- Price M, Wasylkiw L. Mindful living: The effect of mindfulness interventions on women’s body image. Psychology Research Day, 2016.
- 2016: Canadian Obesity Network Student and New Professionals Perfect Pitch case competition winner (Price M, Goyal J and Brandow D), University of Waterloo
- 2016: Marion H. Cummings Scholarship, Mount Allison University
- 2012: Entrance Scholarship, Mount Allison University
Select professional activities and networks:
- Vice-President of Communications for the School of Public Health and Health Systems Graduate Student Association, University of Waterloo (2016-2017)
- Vice-President of Psychology Society, Mount Allison University (2015-2016)
- Campus Ecological Representative, Mount Allison University (2014-2016)
- Web Design and Marketing Intern for Trellisys Technologies Inc. (2015-2016)
- Vice-President and member of Habitat for Humanity, Mount Allison University Chapter (2012-2016)